Use the verbs in brackets to make the Past Perfect Continuous (this exercise includes positive, negative, Yes/No, or Wh-question form).
Show example Hide example
there before he got fired? (to work)
How long had James been working there before he got fired?
- 1.I“Home alone” for long before my girlfriend suggested watching it. (not / to watch)had not been watching
- 2.youfor long when I came? (to practice)Hadbeen practicing
- 3.Theytheir business since 2006 before they broke. (to run)had been running
- 4.How longhehis car before he finally stopped? (to drive)hadbeen driving
- 5.Shefor the last 2 years before she got caught. (to cheat)had been cheating
- 6.theyeach other for long before the plane landed? (to talk to)Hadbeen talking to
- 7.Wefor a week before the food ran out. (not / to shop)had not been shopping
- 8.Ithe concert for 2 hours before it was over. (to enjoy)had been enjoying
- 9.How longyouhim to play the guitar before he started playing himself? (to teach)hadbeen teaching
- 10.Lillyto find her soulmate for long before she met John. (not / to expect)had not been expecting