Put in the verbs in brackets into the gaps to make negative sentences. Use the Past Perfect Continuous.
Show example Hide example
coffee for 2 months before she started again. (to drink)
She had not been drinking coffee for 2 months before she started again.
- 1.WeKelly for 2 hours when she finally came. (not / to wait for)had not been waiting for
- 2.IChinese for long before I dropped. (not / to study)had not been studying
- 3.Josh failed his exam because heclasses for a month. (not / to visit)had not been visiting
- 4.Shefast food before she gave up. (not / to eat)had not been eating
- 5.Theytheir car since 2010 when it suddenly broke. (not / to fix)had not been fixing
- 6.IQueen since my youth before I accidentally found its vinyl at the local market. (not / to listen to)had not been listening to
- 7.Hea job for 2 month when he was unexpectedly offered a position. (not / to look for)had not been looking for
- 8.Jamesfor a year before he started again. (not / to smoke)had not been smoking
- 9.Wechess since May before we resumed. (not / to play)had not been playing
- 10.Theytheir research since 2018 when they were offered to continue it. (not / to work on)had not been working on