Complete the sentences with There was / There were.
Show example Hide example
only one candy left.
There was only one candy left.
- 1.a lot of policemen outside.There were
- 2.a good day yesterday.There was
- 3.enough food for ten people.There was
- 4.some good news.There was
- 5.many empty seats in the hall.There were
- 6.a lovely dress in the sales.There was
- 7.two whales next to our boat.There were
- 8.a few children jumping on the bed.There were
- 9.a delicious cake on Kate’s birthday.There was
- 10.four cats in the street.There were
- 11.a fantastic concert in our neighborhood last month.There was
- 12.a party at my brother’s house last Sunday.There was
- 13.some plants in my bedroom.There were
- 14.a bottle of juice in the fridge.There was
- 15.many trees in this area.There were