Put the Wh-question to the word/phrase in bold. Use Past Simple.
Show example Hide example
She made a cake for my birthday.
What did she make for my birthday?
- 1.Kate went to the cinema yesterday.Where did Kate go yesterday?2.They ate sushi for lunch.What did they eat for lunch?3.Olivia bought a new phone last week.When did Olivia buy a new phone?4.He decided to study French.What did he decide to study?5.They baked a fantastic cake yesterday.What did they bake yesterday?6.It snowed heavily last night.How did it snow last night?7.Students danced at the party last night.What did students do at the party last night?8.We got up at 5 am.What time did we get up?9.They spent their last vacation in Spain.Where did they spend their last vacation?10.Lilly and Peter had a picnic at the beach last Sunday.Where did Lilly and Peter have a picnic last Sunday?11.Sally finished her project a month ago.What did Sally finish a month ago?12.Matthew felt tired.How did Matthew feel?13.They lived in Australia five years ago.Where did they live five years ago?14.Emma gave her favorite toy to her brother.What did Emma give to her brother?15.We met him in the park.Where did we meet him?Similar Exercises
- Past Simple — Put the Wh-question to the word/phrase in bold — Exercise 3
- Past Simple — Put the Wh-question to the word/phrase in bold
- Past Simple — Wh-questions — Word order
- Past Simple with to be (was/were) — Wh-questions — Put the words in the correct order
- Past Simple — Wh-questions — Word order — Exercise 2