Put in the correct verb form and the noun/pronoun into the gaps to make Yes/No questions. Use the Past Continuous.
Show example Hide example
over the telephone? (she / to speak)
Was she speaking over the telephone?
- 1.breakfast, when I turned on the music? (you / to have)Were you having
- 2., when you came to her place? (Kate / to cook)Was Kate cooking
- 3.the whole day? (it / to snow)Was it snowing
- 4.the party? (they / to talk about)Were they talking about
- 5.a lesson at 4 o'clock yesterday? (you / to give)Were you giving
- 6.home, when I rang him up? (Jim / to walk)Was Jim walking
- 7.from four till six o'clock yesterday? (the boy / to draw)Was the boy drawing
- 8.the dishes, when somebody shouted? (Lilly and Rachel / to wash)Were Lilly and Rachel washing
- 9.the whole evening? (you / to read)Were you reading
- 10.with you the whole Sunday? (she / to play)Was she playing