Put in the correct verb form and the noun/pronoun into the gaps to make Wh-questions. Use the Past Continuous.
Show example Hide example
, when I stopped you? (you / to go)
Where were you going, when I stopped you?
- 1.What, when you saw him? (the man / to read)was the man reading
- 2.Whoat 5 o'clock yesterday? (you / to wait for)were you waiting for
- 3.What, when you opened the door? (the students / to do)were the students doing
- 4.What, when you came in? (they / to eat)were they eating
- 5.What, when the clock struck ten? (Willy / to do)was Willy doing
- 6.What, when you called them? (the neighbors / discuss)were the neighbors discussing
- 7.How? (the boy / to run)was the boy running
- 8.What programat 7 o'clock yesterday? (you / to watch)were you watching
- 9.What, when I asked you a question? (you / to think about)were you thinking about
- 10.Whothe whole evening? (she / to call)was she calling