Change the following sentences from indirect to direct speech.
Show example Hide example
Sue told me (that) she wouldn’t go to the cinema with Tim.
Sue, “I will not go to the cinema with Tim.”
- 1.Willie told me (that) his classmates were ready for the test.
Willie, “.”My classmates are ready for the test
- 2.Teacher told us (that) she had already checked our dictations.
The teacher, “.”I have already checked your dictations
- 3.Harper told me (that) her dad was reading.
Harper, “.”My dad is reading
- 4.Mother told us not to make noise.
Mother, “!”Don't make noise
- 5.Children said (that) they had forgotten to take the ball.
Children, “.”We have forgotten to take the ball
- 6.Andrew told me (that) he would be happy to see me.
Andrew, “.”I will be happy to see you
- 7.Mila said (that) she didn't want to go to the theater.
Mila, “.”I don't want to go to the theater
- 8.Ben said (that) he couldn't do the exercise.
Ben, “.”I can't do the exercise
- 9.Sebastian told me (that) he had just hung my jacket in the wardrobe.
Sebastian, “.”I've just hung your jacket in the wardrobe
- 10.Louise said (that) she was going to move to Japan.
Louise, “.”I am going to move to Japan