Decide whether the following phrasal verbs are separable or inseparable. Choose the correct sentences.
- 1.turn offEmma turned off the radio.Emma turned the radio off.
- 2.make upThey made up an excuse.They made an excuse up.
- 3.get onMathew got on the train.
- 4.hand inPlease hand in your keys before you leave.Please hand your keys in before you leave.
- 5.take afterHe takes after his father.
- 6.grow upWe grew up in New York.
- 7.break intoThieves broke into our office.
- 8.come backI will come back later.
- 9.tear downThey need to tear down the building.They need to tear the building down.
- 10.look upShe looked up the meaning of the word in a dictionary.She looked the meaning of the word up in a dictionary.
- 11.ask outKevin asked out Lily.
- 12.give upRachel gave up jogging.
- Phrasal verbs with the verb look — Exercise 1 — meaning
- Phrasal verbs with the verb bring, move, set — Exercise 1 — meaning
- Phrasal verbs with mixed (off, on, up, back, in) particles — Exercise 1 — meaning
- Phrasal verbs with the particle down and out — Exercise 2 — usage
- Phrasal verbs with the particle down and out — Exercise 1 — meaning