Fill in the gaps with must have, might have, can’t have, or should have/shouldn’t have.
Show example Hide example
You look exhausted. You
asked for some help. You know, we are always here for you.
You look exhausted. You should have asked for some help. You know, we are always here for you.
- 1.Laura looks very beautiful and healthy. Shebeen ill for so long.can’t have
- 2.I didn’t know Matthew had divorced. Iasked him about his wife.shouldn’t have
- 3.I can’t see Martin anywhere in the hall. I think hegone to the bathroom.might have
- 4.Your car looks completely new. Itgone 20,000 miles already.can’t have
- 5.Gerald failed his final exam. Hespent so much time playing computer games instead of preparing for it.shouldn’t have
- 6.Emma walked ten miles yesterday. Shebeen very tired after such a long walk.must have
- 7.Blake is not here yet though he should be. I think heforgotten about our meeting.might have
- 8.I don’t know why you are so irritated. Everything goes well. I think youmisunderstood the task and you are not sure now what to do next.might have
- 9.They left five days ago. Youmet them in the park yesterday,can’t have
- 10.You didn’t take any food on your hiking trip. Youbeen hungry.must have
- 11.You have made so many mistakes in this project because you are exhausted. Youtaken a day off and had a good rest.should have
- 12.We were out yesterday. Youheard any noise coming from our apartment.can’t have
- 13.Claude has been studying arts for five years. I am not sure but hepainted this picture himself.might have
- 14.Rosie said that she hated learning languages. Though now, she needs to learn Chinese. I suppose sheregretted her previous statements.might have
- 15.Terryleft his keys at work. He can’t find them anywhere in the house.must have