Complete the following sentences with could or couldn’t.
Show example Hide example
When I was young, I
play the guitar: it was too difficult for me.
When I was young, I couldn’t play the guitar: it was too difficult for me.
- 1.My school friendunderstand me without words.could
- 2.Ihelp you with your problem at that time but I am too busy nowadays.could
- 3.Nicksay a word in Chinese when he arrived in Beijing for the first time. Now, he speaks Chinese quite fluently.couldn’t
- 4.Sorry that Icome to your party.couldn’t
- 5.Wetake you with us. All five places in our car were occupied by other people.couldn’t
- 6.Peterhear everything that was going on behind the wall. Now, he is a prime witness to the crime.could
- 7.Doraride a bike when she was a child. Now, she needs some time to recollect how to do it properly.could
- 8.The studentsbelieve that the horrible exam was over and they all passed it successfully.couldn’t
- 9.Ryannever refuse her. He did everything as she asked.could
- 10.The situationchange much because Andrew didn’t do anything to improve it.couldn’t
- 11.Wesee a lot of beautiful paintings at the art gallery last Sunday. Now, we understand how talented this artist is.could
- 12.Timothyhold a spider in his hands when he was a child. Now, he can’t even look at it.could
- 13.Ivisit you yesterday. I was too busy.couldn’t
- 14.Lindarepair things on her own when she was a student. Nowadays, she always goes to the service center if she needs some repairs.could
- 15.Little Tommyjump high when he was eight because he was a bit overweight.couldn’t