Complete the sentences with can or can’t and the verb in brackets.
Show example Hide example
Where are my keys? I
them anywhere. (to find)
Where are my keys? I can’t find them anywhere.
- 1.I don’t believe it! Ittrue. (to be)can’t be
- 2.Sallywonderful coats. (to sew)can sew
- 3.Clare5 languages. And she's learning one more. (to speak)can speak
- 4.My sistermy room. I always lock it. (to enter)can't enter
- 5.He. He's afraid of water. (to swim)can't swim
- 6.Of course, childrenthese candies. I bought candies for them. (to take)can take
- 7.Our teamthis game for the third time. We're pretty upset. (to win)can't win
- 8.Youmy books. Just leave a note of which you've taken. (to borrow)can borrow
- 9.Peoplepublic transportation for free in Luxembourg. It's amazing! (to use)can use
- 10.Youin my car. It will stink. (to smoke)can't smoke