Complete the mixed conditionals with the verbs in brackets.
Show example Hide example
If I wasn’t afraid of flying, I
you a long time ago. (visit)
If I wasn’t afraid of flying, I would have visited you a long time ago.
If I had bought a good map, we
lost now. (not be)
If I had bought a good map, we wouldn’t be lost now.
- 1.If wethat lottery, we would go to the Maldives this summer. (win)had won
- 2.If Alexis spoke Chinese, heyou on your last trip to Beijing. (accompany)would have accompanied
- 3.If I weren’t so busy these days, Ito the party with you last night. (go)would have gone
- 4.If sheher business trip last week, she wouldn’t be present at your wedding tonight. (not cancel)hadn’t canceled
- 5.If Julie had more experience in writing poems, shea nice congratulation verse for your last birthday. (compose)would have composed
- 6.If I were you, Iso many guests to my birthday party. (not invited)wouldn’t have invited
- 7.Douglas wouldn’t have explained that rule to the students so clearly if hean expert in this subject. (not be)wasn’t
- 8.I would help you to prepare for your final test if youso much time partying last week. (not waste)hadn’t wasted
- 9.Adrian would have given that textbook to you yesterday if youit for your future test. (need)needed
- 10.Shane and Roseour skiing trip last month if they didn’t have a newborn baby. (join)would have joined
- 11.If I weren't completely exhausted these days, Imuch fun with you at the nightclub yesterday. (have)would have had
- 12.Katrina wouldn’t be so worried about her speech at tomorrow’s conference if shefor it far in advance. (prepare)had prepared
- 13.If you knew all the spelling rules better, youso many mistakes in your last dictation. (not make)wouldn’t have made
- 14.If I had been with you at that time, youso stressed and frustrated now. (not feel)wouldn’t feel
- 15.If the problemyesterday, I wouldn’t have to deal with it now. (be solved)had been solved