Fill in the blanks with rather or better.
Show example Hide example
stay at home because I feel bad.
I’d rather stay at home because I feel bad.
- 1.It is 11 pm already. I’dgo to bed.better
- 2.You’dhurry up. The train will not wait for you.better
- 3.I’dwatch a comedy tonight.rather
- 4.He’dturn the volume down before I get angry.better
- 5.I’dgo to a Japanese restaurant. I want to try something new.rather
- 6.I’dyou arrived on time. We are not going to wait for you for ages.rather
- 7.You’dcheck all your documents properly before going abroad.better
- “Can my friends come to see me tomorrow?”
- “They’dnot. They are so noisy.”
- “Can I have one more portion of meat?”
- “I’dyou didn’t. You may have a stomachache if you overeat.”
- 10.You’dstop asking me these silly questions or else I will feel offended.better
- 11.You’dmake your own decisions. No one can decide it for you.better
- 12.I’dstop that strange discussion now.rather
- 13.She’dstay up at night and complete the task than listen to her boss’s grumbling tomorrow.rather
- 14.I’dRick didn’t talk to me about it again. It becomes annoying.rather
- 15.They’dstop borrowing money. They don’t have a penny to pay back the debt.better